Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Pastor John Gray?

One thing that bothers me in the Black Community is that if you disagree with someone's stance that has a hint of success is that automatically you're labeled as a hater. Let's examine the events of this past week for a big instance with Pastor John Gray.

I never known much about this man and to be quite honest even though he is a successful pastor of a local mega church with shows on the Oprah Winfrey Network and book deals; he's been off of my radar. Then last week he made my city famous again for buying his wife a $200,000 Lamborghini SUV.

My thoughts at first and even after seeing his video was, "So be it. He's making money outside of the Ministry and as long as he didn't use church money to buy her the vehicle then no harm no foul."

However, after doing more research on this man and his wife, I found that he's a little bit more or should I say less than a man of the cloth and the purchase of the exotic truck was just merely salt on the fries.



Before I go further please don't label me as a hater. I don't care what a man does with his own money and I applaud anyone who pursues their dreams in America which that's what our capitalistic society was designed for.

My findings of this Pastor however is that he's a man of ego before he is a man of God. When I was a car salesman, I didn't cater to the needs of people as much as I did to their egos. Egos is how I got people to commit to a 72 month financial commitment. Most of my Black clientele that would purchase a car on Saturday would be pissed off if they purchased the vehicle after the wash pit was closed being that the first place that they wanted to be seen in their new vehicle was at church.

I just typed his name on Youtube and not only did I find the video where he defended his stance for buying the vehicle but I seen where Mrs. Gray had released a video with her husband in response to a Youtube personality by the name of Derrick Jaxn defending what her husband said on a television show. 

When looking at this video, it further confirmed that this man and his wife is more ego driven than they are representatives of God. I think Jaxn unmasked this when he had gotten the not so classy response from a couple that supposed to not only be a pillar of class but as well as representatives of God.

In the video that Gray released defending his reasons for buying her an exotic vehicle he stated in the tone of a braggart that he has book deals, a television show in the fourth season and business ventures that afforded him his investment yet he sits silent while his wife responds to a personality on social media without book deals, high dollar sponsorship from established TV networks nor known profitable business ventures.

Not once in this response video by the Pastor's wife did I hear anything close to being Godly, scriptural or uplifting. She took ownership of the social media without even mentioning that it was affiliated with the ministry at all.

Pastor John Gray, you really need to go on Netflix and check out a show called the Ozarks. You could learn a lot from it when moving to a new city where a Lamborghini is not the common car on the road. I don't have a problem with you wanting to flash or be seen. That's your prerogative.

However, when you are putting yourself in the public eye, there will be people out there that will ridicule you. As a minister you will have people that dislike you as you have as many people supporting you. If you are representing God and claiming to be a pipeline to God through your ministry then your pride is the last thing that you should be defending nor should you put yourself in a position where you should have to defend your pride.

I applaud the fact that you put your wife first and that you profess your love for her to the world. I understand completely when you say that you're a husband first. I wish you success in all of your business ventures. People will have different opinions than that of your own and for that you shouldn't set your wife out after them like she's some trained attack dog.

I know that you're from up north but let me school you on Southern culture. If I have a problem with another man then I address that man while my old lady sits silent in support. Simply put, you looked like a fuck boy in that video. It seems to me that you're so high up that your brain isn't thinking with the oxygen level of someone on ground level. These past videos only shown me that you're unraveling.

As far as your ministry goes, I don't give three shits if you evolve higher than Joel Olsteen in material wealth. Go get the private jets, the billion dollar home and the yacht. Just don't be a dick to people when they call you out on your intentions or question your motives.

As a man of the cloth you're supposed to be shielded by God, not your woman. And that's all I got to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment